Welcome to Villa Shinta Dewi Ubud a beautiful contemporary villa on the edge of a rural village five minutes’ drive from Bali’s cultural and artistic heart. Here, guests may enjoy traditional Bali-style indoor/outdoor living with all the hi-tech comforts of a five-star hotel.
Interiors sage Dean Kempnich shaped the design of this two-storey villa, which features a wealth of natural materials: ironwood roof shingles, teakwood-lined vaulted ceilings, floors of polished terrazzo and teakwood, bathrooms awash with marble, and a stunning Palimanan stone wall of lotus flowers carved by Bali’s master craftsmen. The owners regularly stay here, so you’ll to find top-quality furnishings such as luxuriously upholstered modular sofas, stay-seated-forever dining chairs, and top-range mattresses and bed linen, as well as welcome extras such as Martini glasses and a Sonos sound system.
Days are idyllic here. Laze by the pool, relax on sun loungers, curl up on a beanbag, or retreat to the shade of the deeply cushioned balé. Enjoy a leisurely lunch whipped up by the villa’s accomplished chef. Work off the calories in the air-conditioned gym, or indulge in a therapeutic massage. After cocktails served by your butler in the upstairs ‘sunset’ lounge, head down to the Sungei river terrace for a starlit barbecue. Of course, with the cafés, shops, temples, galleries and attractions of Ubud only a few kilometres away, you might be tempted to use our twice-daily shuttle service for a few hours of cultural exploration.
With a choice of living and dining areas, there’s enough room for families or a group of friends to holiday here without getting under each other’s feet. For smaller groups who only need three bedrooms, the fourth can be converted into a media room/study.
Villa Shinta Dewi Ubud’s four bedrooms and extensive living areas occupy a contemporary double-storey building facing west to catch the afternoon sun. From the entrance, steps across a courtyard garden lead directly into the living room, with dining area, open plan kitchen and, behind, the service kitchen and laundry room. Off the living room is the media room/study (with shower room), which can be set up as a fourth bedroom, plus a guest washroom, a gym and a massage room. The full length of this level opens onto the pool deck. Above is an open ‘sunset’ lounge, flanked by two guest bedroom suites and a large master suite opening onto a tree-level terrace.
- INDOOR LIVING : The social heart of Villa Shinta Dewi Ubud is the huge fan-cooled living room with its statement wall of Palimanan stone emblazoned with lotus flowers carved by the island’s best stonemasons. Plushly upholstered modular sofas sit on an expanse of polished terrazzo flowing into the river-stone pool terrace running the full width of the villa. In the dining area eight upholstered chairs encircle a dining table crafted from a single-slab of Suarwood, set before the marble-topped island dividing the living space from the well-equipped guest kitchen. (A separate service kitchen – the chef’s domain – lies behind out of sight, along with the laundry room and staff quarters).Alongside the living area behind a wall of glass is an air-conditioned room that opens onto the terrace. This may be set up as a study/media room (with 32-inch satellite TV and DVD player), or as the fourth bedroom (with shower room). Further along the terrace is an air-conditioned gym where a top-range running machine, stationery cycle and weight bench rest on a rubber floor before a mirror wall, and a door leads to the massage room.Skimming the treetops on the upper level is a breezy fan-cooled ‘sunset’ lounge, with bar counter and comfortable seating arranged around a 50-inch satellite channel TV and DVD player under a vaulted timber ceiling.
- OUTDOOR LIVING: The gorgeous terraced garden is a special feature of Villa Shinta Dewi Ubud, and the16-metre infinity-edge swimming pool is the main focus here. Between the villa and pool, sun loungers and brightly coloured beanbags recline on the river-stone terrace, and the poolside balé provides a shady spot for breakfast at the all-weather rattan four-seater table. Below the pool is a barbecue terrace with table for eight, and a second cushion-covered balé. Flamboyant trees, bougainvillaea, canna lilies and oleander provide splashes of colour in the garden, and a plantation of coffee and cocoa trees line the ravine edge.
- MASTER SUITE: The spacious master suite enjoys extra privacy, standing apart from the guest bedrooms and separated by the upstairs living area. Its large king-size bed (with trundle bed below) sits on a polished teakwood floor, oriented to enjoy the treetop views. The suite is equipped with air conditioning and ceiling fans, a 32-inch TV, DVD player and a bar-fridge. Through the well-designed dressing room – with more hanging space than could possibly be needed – is the marble-clad bathroom with two basins, shower enclosure and bathtub.
- GUEST SUITES :All three guest suites offer air-conditioning and ceiling fans, have beds with top-range mattresses that can be configured as a king or twins, and are furnished with 32-inch satellite channel TVs, DVD players and a bar-fridge. The two upper-level suites open onto the terrace and can each accommodate extra guests on a trundle bed, while the garden suite can also be set up as a media room/study when not required as a bedroom. Each guest suite has a marble-walled bathroom with twin basins and a large shower enclosure.
- Location :Tegallantang village, Ubud, Bali, Indonesia.
- Capacity: 8 adults (4 bedrooms with 1 king and 3 split-king beds) plus 3 extra beds for children on request (additional charge applies).
- Living areas: L-shaped indoor/outdoor living and dining room with open-plan guest kitchen; upper level ‘sunset’ lounge; air-conditioned media room (convertible from 4th bedroom); poolside balé; barbecue terrace; garden balé.
- Pool :16m x 5.5m.
- Estate staff: Villa manager; operation manager; chef; butlers/housekeeping; security; garden and pool staff. Additional staff (babysitters, masseuses) available on request for a small additional cost.
- Dining: Western, Asian, vegetarian and children’s dishes. Requests accommodated (including special diets). Daily breakfast included.
- Communication : WiFi internet access; landline for local calls; mobile phone coverage; PABX system with connections in all rooms.
- Entertainment: Sonos 3-zone sound system; satellite TVs – 50-inch in upstairs lounge, 32-inch in bedrooms; DVD players/library; iPod dock.
- Gym & spa: High-spec running machine (with Polar heart rate technology); stationery bike; weights and bench; separate massage room for in-villa treatments carried out by therapists on call.
- For families: Villa Shinta Dewi is well equipped for families, and can provide baby cots, highchairs and booster seats on request.
- Transport :Free shuttle to Ubud centre two times daily between 8am and 8pm; car and driver available for hire by the hour or for day/half day trips.
- Additional facilities : Barbecue; back-up generator; safety deposit boxes; 2 bicycles.
- Property area: 1,460 sqm (land); 414 sqm (villa).
- 03 Jan to 07 Jan : USD 890.00++ Min Stay 5
- 08 Jan to 14 Feb : USD 690.00++ Min Stay 2
- 15 Feb to 21 Feb : USD 890.00++ Min Stay 5
- 22 Feb to 23 Mar : USD 690.00++ Min Stay 2
- 24 Mar to 28 Mar: USD 790.00++Min Stay 3
- 29 Mar to 02 Apr : USD 890.00++ Min Stay 5
- 03 Apr to 14 Apr : USD 790.00++ Min Stay 3
- 15 Apr to 27 Apr : USD 690.00++ Min Stay 2
- 28 Apr to 01 May : USD790.00++Min Stay 3
- 02 May to 15 Jun : USD 690.00++Min Stay 2
- 16 Jun to 22 Jun: USD 790.00++ Min Stay 3
- 23 Jun to 18 Aug : USD 890.00++ Min Stay 5
- 19 Aug to 31 Aug : USD 790.00++ Min Stay 3
- 01 Sep to 14 Dec : USD 690.00++ Min Stay 2
- 15 Dec to 25 Dec : USD 890.00++ Min Stay 5
- 26 Dec to 05 Jan : USD 2019 Min Stay 7
- Daily breakfast
- WiFi Internet access
- Exclusive use of gym, jacuzzi and pool
- Sound system
- Satellite TV and DVD
- Welcome drink and fruit basket
- Turndown service
- Personal service by the villa staff including full time villa manager, housekeeper, chef/cook, security and attendants
- Exclusive use of the whole villa and listed facilities
- Airport transfers (Conditions apply)
++Villa rates are subject to 15.5% service charge, taxes, etc