The villa’s tranquil setting is enhanced by a perfectly balanced contemporary design, with 25 metres of green-stone-tiled swimming pool creating a magnificent focal point. Buildings of creamy stone, with ironwood shingle roofs and rich dark timber accents, provide luxurious living and sleeping areas for up to 14 people. An enchanting bamboo pavilion set in water gardens grants unobstructed views and creates an atmospheric setting for casual breakfasts, sunset cocktails and candlelit dinners. Tropical gardens filled with frangipani, cala lilies and heliconia add swathes of colour, while lively fish ponds complement the tropical scenery.
Indonesian artwork adorns the villa, with a strong avian-theme reflected in Balinese paintings, and colourful carved wooden statues from Kalimantan, alongside elaborate friezes and a fascinating display of ethnic artefacts.
Golf enthusiasts will love the six-tee ‘pitch and putt’ golf course set into the lower gardens, and the villa’s proximity to the multi-award-winning Nirwana Bali Golf Course, which hugs the rocky coastline, offering stunning views over the venerated sea temple of Tanah Lot. Those wanting to relax can take a leisurely stroll to the glistening black-sand beach at Seseh, soak up the warmth of the Finnish-style sauna, or enjoy a soothing massage in the garden bale(pavilion) provided by a skilled therapist from a reputable local spa.
Friendly staff include a talented chef who prepares Western and Asian meals from an a la carte menu, as well as sumptuous Balinese-style feasts. A complimentary car and driver is also on hand to whisk you away to island attractions, such as white water rafting, the galleries and ornate Hindu temples of Ubud, or a world-class shopping and dining experience in Seminyak.
All bedrooms are air conditioned, with ceiling fans, king-size beds furnished with crisp white linens and flat-screen TV’s with DVD players. Walk-through dressing rooms lead to stately ensuite bathrooms tiled in grey andesite stone, with twin vanities (except for the studio), statue-filled alcoves and customised amenities.
- Master bedrooms :Two generously sized master bedrooms flank the living room, identical but for their artwork. Ceilings are gracefully tiered and softly illuminated in the evenings, long wooden desks nestle in window alcoves with garden outlooks, and each has a timber deck encircled by hedges and flower boxes, and furnished with a table, chairs and daybed. Large bathrooms include separate his-and-hers vanities and oversize terrazzo bathtubs.
- Guest bedrooms : Four guest bedrooms are arranged around the swimming pool, opening directly onto timber decking. Additional glass doors lead to fringing gardens at the back. The front two rooms have views over the lush rice fields, and are fitted with attractive window seats from which to enjoy them. The other two rooms have window alcoves with built-in desks overlooking tropical gardens.
- Studio bedroom : Off the lower garden, the studio is the smallest and most private of the bedrooms and has an enchanting timber deck, furnished with sun loungers, set on a thriving lotus pond. The bathroom is tiled in gleaming Indian stone, with a single vanity and walk-in shower. This room is adjacent to the sauna.
- The villa’s entrance is dominated by a large Palimanan-stone frieze flanked by elegant Javanese statues, leading to the fan-cooled living and dining area with its wooden floors, soaring ceiling and evocative Indonesian artwork. A glass-topped dining table seats 12, with an additional small table seating four. Large alcoves on either side have built-in sofas upholstered in earthy hues, and coffee tables strewn with magazines. A bar area at the back is equipped with an iPod dock and surround-sound system, while ethnic artefacts are displayed against a red feature wall. A guest washroom lies to one side and on the other is a kitchen equipped with everything required to cook up a storm. The steep sloping rattan ceilings of the mezzanine level create an atmospheric air-conditioned space for reclining on mattresses and cushions, and watching the 61-inch TV and movies with surround sound. Shelves are filled with DVD’s and novels.
- Steps lead down from the living room to the 25-metre swimming pool tiled in green stone and surrounded by sun loungers shaded by stylish parasols. Walk along the timber deck to the atmospheric bamboo pavilion set in water gardens flourishing with brightly hued cala lilies and colourful fish. Furnished with slatted timber dining table, eight chairs, and comfortable rattan lounge suite, the pavilion has panoramic views stretching to the sea. Descending to the lower level, the aroma of cedar wood awaits in a full-sized Finnish-style sauna with lovely garden outlook, and a separate shower room.The whole property is ringed with flourishing foliage, from frangipani to palms, and birds of paradise flowers. The six-tee ‘pitch and putt’ golf course is laid out on perfectly manicured lawns but gives the sensation of being right in the middle of the rice fields. A small thatched bale (pavilion) in the corner of the garden is a place for rest and respite.
- Villa Mandalay’s rural setting, near the small village of Munggu, means there is little in the immediate vicinity apart from neighbouring villas, a scattering of local houses, and a small warung (local café) situated a couple of hundred metres away. A gentle stroll through the village will bring you to the black sands of Seseh beach (2km) while Tanah Lot Temple (8km), the Nirwana Bali Golf Course (7km) and the Pan Pacific Nirwana Resort (7km) with a number of good restaurants, are all easily visited. Cosmopolitan Seminyak with its plethora of restaurants, bars and boutiques is just 13km from the villa.
Rates : 2015-2016 Season Period
- Low Season :Price (per night) :US$ 900 ++, 14 nights or more: US$ 765 ++ & Minimum stay:2 Nights
- High Season :Price (per night) :US$ 1300 ++, 14 nights or more: US$ 1170 ++ & Minimum stay:5 Nights
- Peak Season :Price (per night) :US$ 1650 ++, 14 nights or more: US$ 1568 ++ & Minimum stay: 7 Nights
- Rates include:
Exclusive use of the villa and all its facilities, including the services of a villa manager, chef, villa attendants, a car and driver is available for 8 hour use at a special rate of USD 25++/day (excluding petrol).
All villa rates are subject to a 5% service charge and thereafter a 10% government tax.
With verdant sweeping lawns fringed by lush tropical gardens, stunning backdrop of Bali’s famous rice fields, and an absolutely private setting, Villa Mandalay is an idyllic spot for weddings and other special events.
Please contact us for further information as extra fees apply.
- Maximum people sitting: 100
- Maximum people standing: 250
- Minimum nights low season: 3 nights
- Minimum nights high season: 5 nights
- Minimum nights peak season: 7 nights