This villa located in Seminyak, a bustling residential area in the heart of Bali, Indonesia. Standing on an approximatelly 750 sqm land, the site bordered on the North by 6 meter public road, and by a pangkung (dried, old river in Balinese) on the South. Client request to have a holiday home for the small family of 4, with a simple program: large living dining, large servant quarter, 1 master bedroom with huge bathroom and 2 smaller bedroom. They will only use this villa during the holiday season, while for the rest of the year, it will be rented out by the property agent to a group of wealthy tourists that are flocking to the recently-hip area.
The sloping site (the lowest point is 4 meter from the main road), gives an advantage to the design. Aboday, as an architect, doesn’t want to have an imposing building. The villa needs to respect human scale and the main road as a main thoroughfare to the temple. This road is always crowded during the Hindu celebration, and anything taller than coconut trees will be an intrusion to their ritual.
The 2 level villa appears as a friendly single-storey building from the road, sunk in the rest of the room program on its ground level. Rather than evoking the surrounding typical Balinese building of sloping, coconut leaf roof, Aboday choose a simple concrete white box as the facade of the building.
The traditional sloping roof will still be used in the master bedroom pavilion with its wood structure, hidden behind the white box facade, as an element of surprise among the domination of white forms.
The massing of this villa follow the traditional balinese pattern of ‘natah’ or courtyard. In this villa, the courtyard is an extension of the open plan living and dining room, transforms into water body that dominate almost the entire garden, gradually changing from shallow reflecting pond beneath the cascading entrance step, the jacuzzi under the cantilever balcony, and main swimming pool surrounding the master bedroom pavilion. The effect is anything but floating building. The entire villa as if sitting on the water (or paya-paya in Bali), hence the name Villa Paya-paya.
Villa Rates Three Bedroom Villa (Valid until March 31, 2017)
Villa Type Villa Rates (IDR) Breakfast
- 2 Bedroom villa (1 bedroom will be locked)*Low : IDR 3.600.000 & High N/A & Peak N/A
- 3 Bedroom Villa (entire villa) Low: 4.500.000 High : IDR 5.000.000 Peak: IDR 5.300.000
* Available for booking made 30 days or less prior to arrival during low season.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Rates: All rates are quoted in IDR net per villa (not per person) per night,
- High & Peak Season Periods
– High season period: July 1 – August 31.
– Peak season period: December 20 – January 10.
- Villa Capacity
– Normal capacity is 2 persons per room.
- One Time Airport pick-up service upon arrival.
- Welcome drink & cold towel upon arrival.
- Daily breakfast for 2 person per room.
- WiFi internet connection.
High & Peak Season Periods
- High season period: July 1 – August 31.
- Peak season period: December 20 – January 10.
Minimum stay: LOW season: 2 nights; HIGH/ PEAK season: 5 nights.