Villa Voyage accords one of those rare once-in-a-lifetime experiences: a right-on-the-beach tropical island setting, gorgeous sea vistas, glamorous ‘luxe nomad’ themed interiors, gourmet cuisine, and professional staff focused on spoiling their guests.
Created as a luxury beach home for couples, groups of friends and extended families, this beautifully designed five-bedroom beachfront villa is set on the crescent of Sandy Bay in Nusa Lembongan, 30-minutes’ boat ride off the east coast of Bali. Completed in 2012, it is unquestionably the finest villa on Lembongan Island.
by 5 Bedrooms
- Villa Voyage’s five spacious bedroom suites are equipped with queen-size beds, ensuite bathrooms and either balconies or garden terraces. King Koil goose down pillows, deep foam mattresses and designer bed linen ensure a good night’s sleep – with rooms offering the choice of air-conditioning or overhead fan.
- Voyage – mezzanine ocean suite :Each of the two identical and enormous mezzanine ocean suites expresses the villa’s luxury tented safari theme to perfection; a queen-size bed is cocooned under a floating canvas tent suspended from the apex of the alang-alang roof, and the rooms are furnished with wardrobe ‘tents’ in the dressing area, a folding writing desk, day bed, and steamer trunks. Coconut-wood walls and floors continue the rustic–luxe look, and large Pucci print cushions add a dash of blue to the otherwise neutral palette of browns and creams. A soaring triangular wall of glass to the front opens onto a large private ironwood balcony furnished with a round table and chairs and a pair of sun loungers and stunning sea views. To the rear of the bedroom, cunningly concealed behind screens of canvas, is a large open-plan bathroom with double basins and mirrors and glazed terrazzo enclosure with rain shower.
- Voyage – master bedroom :Below, the master suite continues the ‘luxury under canvas’ theme, with a four-poster queen bed bedecked with canvas and leather trim, a steamer trunk acting as a media cabinet for the flat-screen 40-inch TV, a canvas seating area that conceals a spare bed, and canvas-backed directors chairs set before sliding doors delightfully opening onto the pool deck. Beyond the bedroom is a dressing area lined with leather-trimmed rattan clothes storage and shelving designed to accommodate the most profligate packer. This leads into the bathroom with double basins, patio with open-air shower and, taking pride of place before sliding doors to the beachside deck, a sculptured terrazzo bathtub.
- Voyage – garden suite :Next door, facing away from the sea, is the garden suite. The contemporary four-poster bed laden with colourful cushions faces a small courtyard and, on one side, a balcony with table and chairs. A particular feature is the traditional leather travelling desk which doubles as a dressing table. The large ensuite bathroom has a wardrobe of rattan and leather, double basins and, set in a sun-filled patio, an open-air shower.
- Voyage – garden pavilion suite: The garden pavilion suite stands alone, surrounded by white sand in the villa grounds. Its’ harem-style silken ceiling calls to mind Bedouin tents and desert hospitality, and such romance continues in the soft furnishings and decorations. Walls of glass offer glimpses of the sea and lead onto a private deck. The ensuite bathroom is discreetly tucked around the corner of the walled garden deck.
- Villa Voyage’s magnificent living room is open-plan for easy entertaining, its walls of glass doors leading onto the pool terrace and highlighting the stunning tropical beachfront setting. (The doors fold back completely for open-air sea-breeze living, or can be closed to create air-conditioned comfort.) Within the double-height central section, four over-size cream upholstered sofas are arranged around a sectional coffee table set before a console with 60-inch LED TV, Apple TV, DVD and iPod.
- The owners’ exquisite taste and design influence is everywhere: Louis Vuitton trunks provide voyage-themed displays; Thai, lacquer ware offering bowls provide red accents and richly scented candles tease the senses; lavishly illustrated books on Balinese customs, exotic travel and the best of international interiors engage the mind. Above, a halo of over-size canvas lampshades lures the eye towards the mezzanine gallery – noted designer, Ari Saski Wekku, also created the cigar-shaped driftwood statement lamp over the entrance. On the far side of the living pavilion are two dining tables of reclaimed limed teakwood, each with six canvas director’s chairs. An island of teakwood and marble acts as buffet, bar and cooking station for when guests wish to whip up a gourmet meal themselves. Behind is the chef’s kitchen, equipped with everything required to lavishly entertain 20-plus people.
- Bridging the pavilion and the beach is an huge ironwood deck overlooking the turquoise waters of Sandy Bay, with a 12m x 5m free-form tension-edge pool big enough for swimming laps yet with a shallow platform for relaxation. Equally evident here is the exquisite attention to design detail found within the villa. Poolside beanbags, sun loungers and daybeds invite indolence, and a shoreline pergola provides shade for two defined areas: an over-size daybed platform inches away from the beach for sea-breeze siestas and sunset cocktails, and semi-circular seating curved around a teak table laden with shells – the perfect spot for a leisurely breakfast. Stylized animal-print cushions add just the right touch of glamour, and at night the area is transformed by clever ambient lighting that illuminates the palms and bathes the pool in changing colours.\
- A few steps down from the deck is a sand garden where offerings are placed daily at a Balinese temple tucked under the canopy of a sacred banang-banang tree; shaded beneath its bowers is an antique daybed and a few paces away a gate set in the low dry-stone boundary wall leads directly onto the beach.
Villa Voyage commands prime position on a small, sandy cove in the south-west corner of Nusa Lembongan; other than Nusa Dua on mainland Bali, from where a string of lights sparkle across the sea at night, the nearest landfall is Australia! Voyage is part of a small, exclusive community comprising a handful of private villas along the beach and raised on the cliff. Next door is the Beach Club at Sandy Bay with it’s charming, quiet, beachfront restaurant and brand, new spa, Glo. Across the bay is the spectacular rock formation of Devil’s Tear, scene of crashing waves and plumes of white-tipped foam. A pleasant ten minute stroll along the cliff-top path – populated by pandan plants and the occasional cow – is Dream Beach with it’s popular café and swimming beach; a fifteen minute walk in the other direction are the restaurants and bars of Mushroom Beach.
Rates : 2015-2016 Season Period
- Low Season :Price (per night) :US$ 1100 ++, 14 nights or more: US$ 935 ++ & Minimum stay:2 Nights
- High Season :Price (per night) :US$ 1350 ++, 14 nights or more: US$ 1215 ++ & Minimum stay:5 Nights
- Peak Season :Price (per night) :US$ 1500 ++, 14 nights or more: US$ 1425 ++ & Minimum stay: 7 Nights
- Low Season : 09 Jan 2015 to 02 Apr 2015 ,11 Apr 2015 to 15 Jun 2015 & 01 Sep 2015 to 18 Dec 2015
- High Season : 03 Apr 2015 to 10 Apr 2015 & 16 Jun 2015 to 31 Aug 2015
- Peak Season :19 Dec 2015 to 08 Jan 2016
- Rates include:Exclusive use of the whole villa and its listed staff, services and facilities, including a one time private jukung outrigger trip for 3 hours, Mushroom bay pick up and transfer on arrival and departure, Apple TV, unlimited WiFi and beachfront infinity pool.
- All villa rates are subject to a 5% service charge and thereafter a 10% government tax.